Calgary Breast Pump Rental
D&M Pharmacy and Travel clinic offers Medela’s Symphony® PLUS breast pump rentals out of our north location along with the full line of Medela products available for purchase.
The Medela Symphony PLUS
Medela Symphony PLUS: The Medela Symphony® PLUS breast pump is a hospital-grade breast pump that has been scientifically proven to help all moms initiate, build, and maintain their breast milk supply. Market Mall Pharmacy has carefully selected the Medela Symphony® PLUS breast pump due to its unique research-based technologies and proven-performance.
Why Medela Symphony PLUS? The Symphony® contains Medela®’s exclusive INITIATION Technology, which helps moms initiate their milk supply, setting them on a proven path of better milk production over time. Medela®’s MAINTAIN Program features 2-Phase Expression Technology, providing optimal milk removal by mimicking a baby’s natural breastfeeding behavior allowing you to maintain your milk supply and ensure your baby gets the very best for as long as you choose.
Medela Symphony® Breast Pump Advantages:
Ease. Comfort. Efficiency.
- Supports you to successfully initiate, build and maintain an adequate milk production.
- Helps you initiate lactation using the INITIATE program.
- Helps you build and maintain your milk supply when using 2-Phase
- Expression technology in the MAINTAIN Program.
- Includes a ‘Maximum Comfort Vacuum’ that is particularly gentle on extremely sensitive breast tissue.
- Can be used for daily pumping and both single and double-pumping.
- Imitates your baby’s sucking action for a more natural feel.
- Is safe and clean due to its special overflow protection.
- Comfortable and efficient to use.
How it Works
- Daily rent is $3.5 (minimum 10 days rental).
- Monthly rental fee $89.
- A security deposit of $89 + GST is due at the time of pick up. The amount is refunded at the time of machine’s return.
- Every month, our staff will call to check if you still need the pump. If you do, we will charge your credit card on file for the amount of time you need it for.
- At the time of pick up, please make sure to have a valid credit card and a valid driver’s license.
Breast Pump Rental Costs
D&M Pharmacy and Travel Clinic breast pumps are available for rent at a rate of $3.50/day or $89/month from our northwest location.
Things to consider while choosing a breast pump
- Ease of assemble and transport: A breast pump that is difficult to take apart and assemble could be a source of frustration. Make sure to try to the instructions of to best handle the pump before getting one.
- Adjustable suction: Make sure that the pump you choose has adjustable suction and cycling to be able to put it to the speed that best suits you.
- Breast shield Size: This is the cone-shaped part that goes on the breasts and nipples. Make sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions on how to choose the best size.
Unplug the pump and remove the card. Check the card to make sure it is the correct card and also check for damage. Replace if necessary. Make sure the card is inserted in the direction of the arrows and the arrows are visible.
Plug in the pump and press the let-down button and the power button at the same time. Hold for several seconds and release. Try the pump again. If this does not correct the problem, the pump would need to be sent back the rental station for return to Medela.
CAUTION: If tubing becomes moldy, discontinue use and replace tubing. Shop for tubing
CAUTION: Do not store wet or damp parts as mold may develop.
NOTE: Tubing should be washed if dirty or milk is present.
1. Turn off breastpump
2. Unplug breastpump from power source.
3. Remove and disassemble the tubing, protective membrane and membrane cap.
4. Remove tubing from breastshield.
5. Rinse tubing in cool water to remove breastmilk.
6. Wash tubing in warm soapy water.
a. Rinse tubing with clear water.
b. Hang to air dry.
Please visit the Medela Symphony® webpage for more information on the Medela Symphony® breast pump.